Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Haley Palmer Foundation


Well, today is the day I promised to bring all of you the good news our family has been waiting to share!! My heart is heavy writing such great news today, as we are suffering the loss of Rich's sister who passed away this morning. I first want to say thank you all so much for all the messges, calls and text and letting us (him) know how much you care. We are constantly reminded just how short life really is....




Every since Haley passed away, I knew my heart was calling me to do something in her honor. I always had a "vision" of what I wanted, but really couldn't "grasp" the concept of how to even begin to accomplish this vision. Up until a year ago, I was kind of scared to make a change of how we, our family, was doing certain things. We had been raising money for CF for 15 years, and in our eyes, it had been successful. "How could we make a change, what if we fail?"




After praying about this for a while, last January my vision became very clear to me. I had a peace about what I believed could happen and exactly how our family wanted to honor Haley. As we started checking into what it would take to start this vision...there was SO much involved. I knew the vision, I just needed the right time to persue it and the right people put in my path to help me!




As I stated recently in a caring bridge post, we are currently selling Classroom Corner. One of the main reason I have decided to move forward is to persue a dream I have had since her passing, and I feel that it is now the right time to move forward. As I stated, in another post, Opening the store was Chapter 1 to this new way of life for us, and it certainly was the beginning I needed and would not change it for anything, but now it is time for Chapter 2...., which we simply will Title:



The Haley Palmer Foundation




Rich, Brenna, myself and a wonderful group of people who make up the Board for this organization, is very proud to annouce, The Haley Palmer Foundation.




The Mission of the Haley Palmer Foundation is to provide lasting memories for families with chronically ill children. We will grant wishes at a local level and help with necessities in hopes of improving the family’s quality of life.






We are very excited to "kick off" the HPF and we are looking forward to helping ill children in the Owasso and surrounding areas. Everything will be kept at a local level so "you" can see your money at work helping other families in times of need. As parents of a chronically ill child, it was the small things done by local friends, family and complete strangers that made our last few months so special for our family. Even through very tough times, we were able to smile and make lasting memories for all of. The HP Foundation will give these families the opportunities to do things they might not have been able to do without some assistance.






I couldn't be more proud to be part of such a wonderful organization!! You will see much more information in the months to come. We are tying up all the "legal" ends such as paperwork, but I will make the announcement when we can start taking direct "tax deductible" donations! We do know that our 1st Official Fundaraiser will be our "Haley Palmer Bunco Night" that will be held in April or May. I will announce the date a soon as it is set!!






Thank you all for your continued support. The application process will probably not begin until the end of the year. I will keep everyone posted as things progress.






As soon as things are taken care of at the store, I will be able to dedicate all the time needed to make this as successful as possible. My passion and desire for this is none that can be explained.
Looking forward sharing this new path with all of you watching as we are able to bring happiness to others.







34 comments:

  1. Praise God it's all coming together! These steps were definitely ordered by Him & because of your continued obediance, lil miss Haleys dreams are being surpassed. So proud of you JP, & I know she is too!! lyl LA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow this is so stinkin' exciting!!!! I CAN NOT WAIT to help in whatever ways I can! Praise God for you and your family and of course sweet Haley and the impact she made while on Earth and the lasting impact you will continue to make in her honor! I could cry, I'm so excited for the lives that will be changed because of y'all! I am so proud of you! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds awesome!! Glad it is all working out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very exciting! Looking forward to Bunco night and watching your vision come to life. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so wonderful. What a great way to honor. You never cease to amaze me with your devotion, love, commitment, willingness, strength....ok, I could go on an on. I am so glad to know you. You are an inspiration to many.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect! I can't imagine a better way to remember Haley!
    Praying in Seattle!
    Psalms 23:4-6 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited for you & everyone involved. I know so many will be blessed by your efforts. Ur heart for others is so amazing. I truly admire you Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Continuing to pray hard for your family!
    Psalms 28:8-9 The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed. Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance: feed them also, and lift them up for ever.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  9. Life in this world can look so bleak at times. But the victory is ours through Christ! Put your trust in Him! Praying!
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  10. Continuing to pray!
    Psalms 34:17-19 The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying in Seattle!
    Psalms 86:1-2 Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy. Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  12. Know that your family is always in my thoughts and prayers!
    Isaiah 53:4-6 ¶Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying!
    Psalms 69:13 But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O LORD, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  14. Know that I'm continuing to pray!
    Psalms 57:1-2 Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast. I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lifting up prayers!
    Isaiah 26:3-4 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  16. Know that I'm always here praying!
    Psalms 116:3-5 ...I found trouble and sorrow. Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul. Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  17. Christ died and rose again that we might have hope! Praying!
    1 Corinthians 15:3-4 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  18. No matter what happens in life, the Lord is there, holding your hand, getting you through it! Praying!
    Psalms 73:23-24 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well known words but what comfort they give! Praying!
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  20. Continuing to lift up prayers!
    Lamentations 3:22-26: It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
    The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lifting up prayers to the Only One who can answer!
    Psalms 4:7-8 Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased. I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  22. Continuing to lift up prayers!
    Romans 8:33-34 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such special verses and what a promise. If these words aren't true, Jesus would have told us! His promises are sure! Praying in Seattle!
    John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  24. Still here praying!
    2 Samuel 22:2-3 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me...
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  25. Praying right now!
    1 Peter 1:18-19 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  26. Know that I'm still here praying!
    Psalms 62:7-8 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  27. You know I'm praying hard!
    Psalms 61:1-4 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  28. You're in my prayers!
    Psalms 130:1-2 Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD. Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  29. No matter what happens in life, the Lord is there, holding your hand, getting you through it! Praying!
    Psalms 73:23-24 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  30. The Lord knows what the future holds. He's already there working....praying!
    Isaiah 65:24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  31. Still praying in Seattle!
    Psalms 5:11-12 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  32. Always here praying!
    Psalms 46:7, 10-11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.(10-11) Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  33. These verses contain the reason why we have the hope of life to come. Know that I'm here praying so hard!
    Ephesians 1:17-20 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places...
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete